Peaknit

Saturday, May 15, 2010

happiness continued...

Yarntini Sunshine Stripe
Yartini Sunshine Stripe

Doesn't this skein just evoke happiness? I was able to trade for this, just to bask in the sunshine of it. Yarntini is a magician, not to mention kind and creative.

Picture 171
Yarntini Boardwalk Stripe

This colorway makes me think cotton candy and Icees. Which, I think was the point. :)

Block 9
another block from my happy quilt

My happy quilt is almost ready for binding. It will end up being a simple wall hanging to put in my office right where I will look at it when I need it most.

Last up for a happy tidbit, Amber of Life in Color is co-hosting a fun little swap for crafters - she is so amazing. I'm excited to be part of this, I have dabbled in everything and most of the swap goodies are supposed to come from your stash. Oh, and how mine could be culled. Check it out here.

Lastly, a little update on my husband - he is doing amazing. Just 2 weeks post brain surgery, today we went out to lunch and have a movie date planned for Monday. Isn't that something of a miracle? I think all of your prayers really helped - thank you!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I'm glad your husband is doing so well!

I've been reading The Happiness Project recently. It's an interesting book, and I might start a project of my own.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh that little quilt is going to be suh a happy thing indeed! Great news about your husband!!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

How nice that the happiness isn't limited to crafts!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hurray! Great news about your husband.

Lovely sock, yarn, and quilt -- so cheerful

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great News about the husband! Mine had an abcess on his brain about 6 years ago and they said it'd take a year to recover...but 2 weeks later he was working again! The brain can heal quickly!

Love the Yarntini...I've got the variegated/semi-solid set (I traded Wollmeise for it) because I had to have that sunshine goodness!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

So glad your husband is doing well. What a relief and a blessing. Both yarns are so bold and yummy! I will have to see about getting my hands on Yarntini. It looks like some gorgeous yarn!

4:23 PM  
Blogger sewtakeahike said...

I'm so, so happy your husband is doing well! And I seriously lost my breath for a moment when I saw the yartini yarn! It's so happy!! And your quilt! Also very happy!

8:25 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

so glad to hear all is well and yes, this post just makes me warm and fuzzy inside! :)

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home