Peaknit

Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Spring!

Wow - spring has really sprung in Wisconsin - as I type away, we are having our first real spring rain and lightning. This kind of excites me because I got some new mukluks from Target. (don't you love that word...mukluk)

I have had a couple of days off recently, to hang out with my freshly minted 10 year old. We spent a special day in Chicago - checking out Watertower Place, and spending birthday money at the American Girl Store. My sister joined us. It was a great time - we had cupcakes at Sarah's Pastries - omg.

pistachio
The flavor of the month - pistachio.

I hosted Easter for my immediate family yesterday - I tried a new glaze for the ham - yum-o. Then Nani (my girls' nickname for my mom) went on the trampoline with my girls. She had back surgery a few years ago, so I cringed a bit - however, imagine my surprise when we ended up in the ER with my 4-year-old - and somehow it was "Nani's fault". This will someday make a great story - how Nani caused an injury on the trampoline. My little one had a case of nursemaid's elbow. It's where a bone gets out of joint and needs to be popped back in - ouch. I several episodes of this as a kid - and omg, these are some of my most vivid memories of pain. She was all fixed up - we both cried - then today she and I hung out so she could recover. Her elbow is okay, but a little sore yet. She told my mom she loved her tonight, so all is forgiven. And we had a good day of movies, books and nintendo.

CanonXT 010
here she is - pre-ER - kind of "asking for it" here...

Lastly, tonight I made my first efforts for the Quilt-as-You-Go along over at Sew Take a Hike. This method affords some excessive quilting that can be limited on whole big piece - such wonderful texture. I went through a whole bobbin of thread on this first block - yikes. I may end up with a table runner - but this project is giving me a chance to dip into the coveted Heather Ross collection - see my little van in the middle? Doesn't it just hurt your teeth it's so sweet?

CanonXT 052

6 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

OMG, this post makes me want to quilt too!!! What great fabrics you have!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yikes that elbow thing does sound bad! I'm loving your first block. I think they do get a little quicker as you go... But yes, they take a lot of thread.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Aww, your poor little girl! OUCH! I'm so glad she's feeling better. Happy Easter!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Glad your little one is better - the elbow thing is a bit freaky, but rather benign.
I love the quilt, and the van - so sweet!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

This weather has been just nuts! Glad to hear you had a good time here in Chi-town.

Love the quilting! Heather Ross' fabrics are just too cute.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

I love your mad quilting skillz. So great. That cupcake - Yummy!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home