Peaknit

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Got Plucky?

plucky_booth
The Plucky Knitter's booth at the Madison Knit In

I got to meet Sarah from The Plucky Knitter again, and had a wonderful weekend with some special knitting friends. The Knit In was all day Saturday - I only went to shop, and to, well, shop. I could not believe how lost I as looking at all of Plucky's wares, I did not know where to start...she is super nice and cute in person, btw. I ended up spending my whole budget at her booth. My Plucky tote bag was fat and I was happy.

I shared the weekend with two special knitters. Carolyn and Christine. They knew each other first in person, and then Christine and I met through a swap - and the rest is history. They are on-line knitty friends who I am lucky enough to occasionally see in "real life". We had such a good time - we stayed at Mansion Hill, which is plushy fabulousness. My husband had an inside-tip on the place, so it was an extra special treat.

knitter_peeps
Carolyn taught us to crochet in front of the fire. There is an alleged hexagon afghan in my future

We ate wonderful food.

frenchtoast
French Toast at the Marigold Kitchen.

We reveled in our Plucky goodness.

plucky_haul

I was tired come Monday but it was worth every second. Knitting has brought me a true appreciation of woman friends. I really enjoyed feeling like I could be myself with these girls. I can't wait til next time. Rhinebeck perhaps?

p.s. I have almost finished a whole bag of Cadbury mini-eggs. I need an intervention.

11 Comments:

Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh I bet you had so much fun! I would have loved to have been there. And meet Sarah!

To go to Rhinebeck would be so sweet - I know I'd love to go too!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sweetaimee81 said...

Sounds like soo much cozy fun. I am truely convinced that knitters are the best people in the world. I can't imagine life with out mine :)

11:59 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh my plucky!! That is a pile of gorgeous!!

My first thought when I saw the booth picture was, I'd spend all my money there! And you did! Good girl!! Seriously, how can you not resist!!

So glad you had a fabulous girls' weekend. They are good for our souls :)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

:) I had a great time, too! We need more of those weekends, for sure!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

How wonderful! Good food, gorgeous yarn, fun friends - perfect! (P.S. I am having the same problem with a bag of Whoppers' Robin's Eggs.)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

What fun to spend a weekend with friends doing something that all of you enjoy.

ps I'm a bit jealous of your new stash.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh how ultra fabulous! So lovely.
I love her yarn and share in your delight:)

Good for you!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh my, that pile of Plucky looks superb! I love all the blues!
Oh, I'm so looking forward to Maryland Sheep and Wool in May, mainly for the time spent with others engrossed in knitting and fiber goodness!
PS - I have not bought the cadbury eggs yet for this very reason. I love them!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

That sounds like a great weekend and I was so surprised to see Carolyn's photo -- I know her from Massachusetts.

4:14 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

now how fun that was!!!yummy yarn...yummy treats and yummy cadbury eggs...intervention..yes -LOL!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

it looks like so much fun!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home