Peaknit

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I believe in miracles...

you hex-y thing...

hex
my first hexagons...

Well, I'm a knitter - but lately crochet has been feeling like a dirty little habit. I don't crochet except when I have to for a knit project with crochet. My grandma tried for years to teach me, but my guage was a disaster. So I was apparently a born knitter. Then Carolyn and Christine thought "let's try hexagons!" I was so pleased to be part of this, and since it technically came with on-site crochet training, I dove in. Well, don't tell my knitting needles, but I am having fun on this jaunt away. Kind of like hanging out with new friends that you know your old ones wouldn't approve of.

I am using cascade 220, since I had a bunch for a past failed crochet project. I started a blanket too wide that would have probably weighed a ton. So, I abandoned ship on that, and now have lots of yarn for these guys. Now, I realize Cascade will felt if I really wash it good - but still - for experimental purposes, it is working well. I am digging the fun colors, and the immediate gratitification of a single hex...though it will take like, oh... 95 of them to make the afghan, there is nothing immediate about that.

I also want to share a cool early birthday gift that Christine gave me when she came to Wisconsin last weekend. An infinity scarf kit - inspired by Twilight. hot. Yes, I watched New Moon yesterday, on release day.

twilight_kit

I just finished an Infinity scarf and it is a total do-again-project. I love it and you can make so many color versions that they just won't look a bit alike. And the fact that this kit by Sunshine Yarns has a colorway called Edward's Car, causes major swoonage for this Twi-Hard. I'll be wearing Edward and Jacob around my neck this fall - omg. *waving myself for cool down*

:: just finished Jodi Picoult's new book, House Rules, more on that later.

6 Comments:

Blogger knittingma said...

Wow, such gorgeous hexagons! LOVE the colors you chose. And can't wait to see photos of your Dipped Infinity!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I am jealous of your crochet skills! But if it didn't always come naturally to you maybe there is hope for me still. I myself have had major guage problems while trying to learn. The colors for that scarf are devine. I don't know anythig about the twlight series but I still think they are awesome.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Pretty hexagons! Makes me want to pick up the crochet hook, too...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love your hexagons, are you going to the that quilt that's been going around Ravelry lately? I've been crocheting a bit too. Love your Dipped infinity colors too!

6:41 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

pretty EVERYTHING!!!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

There must be something in the air - I started a small granny square thing too....with Cascade 220, none-the-less.
We are just home recovering from Disney World trip (not a vacation in the least).
LOVE your new scarf kit....I had to watch New Moon before we left.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home