Peaknit

Friday, March 26, 2010

Birthday Girl

birthday_thankyou

10 already...where did that time go?

Libsews.

She just learned her first bits of sewing on the machine she got for Christmas from her grandma. It took a lot of patience (on my part AND hers)...

friendship_quilt

I quilted and bound it last night just in time for a birthday surprise! It is a friendship quilt that she and her friends can write on, and save special memories on her first quilt.

If you are interested in some of your own quilting - join this QAL over at Sew Take a Hike with me.

You literally quilt as you go - sounds kind of fun! I heard about it from Amber over at Life in Color - if you need a little color, her blog brings it. I get excited evertime her blog lights up on my bloglines. Check her out!

10 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Thanks for the blog shout out, I can't wait to see how your squares go. I'm really going to try hard to just go with the flow on this one and not fuss over fabric placement (we'll
see!). And it makes me a bit nervous whenever a mama say "she's 10 (or 11,12,13) where did the time go" it seems like the first year was so short already! I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing soon. What a sweet little crafter you have!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!! What an awesome birthday present!

Love the quilt and that she/her friends can write on it. Did you sign it first?

Happy sewing!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful "baby"! I love the autographed quilt idea. You must be a very popular mom!

7:09 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

that's awesome! happy birthday to her!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little one!!! Love the quilt!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Happy birthday to your girl!! 10 years old and already sewing with her own machine...you're raising that girl right. :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger sewtakeahike said...

Happy birthday to your daughter Stacey! That's such a sweet pic of her sitting at her machine sewing!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Happy belated birthday to your lovely girl! She is soo beautiful:)

6:54 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

Happy Easter and happy belated BD to your sweet girl,Stacy~

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Underpinning Santa Monica said...

Thanks for sharing this

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home