Peaknit

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy -Part Deux

Block 6
Heather Ross in the middle...

Another block in my Happiness Project quilt. I have decided to go for a total of 9 to make a nice wall hanging. I will hang it in my office over the heads of the criminals I counsel - I mean, happiness will just be inches away. I like the theory. And I really like these charming little bridesmaids.

I have been feeling happier generally as I have tried to find more silver lining in search of happy - I have dropped the angry music and walked on a nature trail often so far this month.

But I have also been feeling scared, my husband is having brain surgery next week - and I spent the entire winter moping around about it as we waited to compare scans and stuff. In the "scheme of brain surgery" it is allegedly not too invasive - so I am just going to strap myself in and prepare for any unpredictable turns and twists. This is maybe a lot to share, but I kind of need to - I can tell you guys and get "cyber support" without freaking out my family too much. I'm scared witless but I need to be strong and positive now, for him and for my girls. I have almost gotten myself entirely convinced that I will just be fetching movies and snacks for him while we "enjoy" the week after surgery hanging out together. It just seems more manageable to focus on my role as a short order cook come cruise director - instead of a scared-y cat. Even scared-y cat sounds doable - rather than mental case.

What else has been helping me be happy? Some nice books ::

CanonXT 010

A new blog - 1000 awesome things. It's so fun - really, check it out. Reading the blog had me scrabbling over to Amazon to buy The Book of Awesome. I figure, who couldn't use more awesome?

And last bit of happy - because I can't gush over Amber enough, Life in Color is just the most charming blog. I think I try to follow every little piece of wisdom she shares. She is also an amazing mommy with a great sense of color and fashion. Her blog isn't called "Life in Color" for nothing. In the last couple of days she showed a little organized box of scrapbook goodies - I swear I have been planning to spend some of my time with my husband playing catch up on my scrapbooking (can I "catch up" 5 years?). Anyways, her little box of wonderful has gotten my creative juices flowing, don't you love when that happens?

(p.s. :: All prayers welcome;)

22 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I bought The Happiness Project on your recommendation, and I'm looking forward to reading it soon :) I'm loving the quilty output of your happiness project so far!

Many, many good thoughts to you and your husband. I know if I was in your position I'd be a big scared mess, but try to hang in there. I'm sure you'll do a great job being a caretaker next week!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

I'll be sending healthy, healing, happy thoughts your way for your husband's surgery. I think you have a great outlook so hold on tight! Love your blog!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Stacey,
I'll be thinking and praying for your family next week. It is scary, and I wish you all the best, and much HAPPINESS!
PS - your quilt is beautiful!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful quilt! Will be sending good thoughts to hubby and you! It's hard to see your spouse go through surgery, but I'm sure knowing you're there and ready to take care of him will be a blessing.

((hugs))

10:21 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Your quilt block is adorable!
And I will be praying for your family- hang in there!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Shrinkie said...

Sending lots of positive vibes from DownUnder (NZ) for hubby and you - sounds scary and you are doing great keeping it positive (((hugs))).

LOVE your Happiness quilt - when you say 'counsel criminals' do you mean legally or mentally??

2:21 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh Stacey you are just too sweet! I had to laugh at the fashion comment, I hope you mean in relation to my daugter's and not grown up outfits! I literally went into the gap and had them pick me out an outfit, head to toe, last weekend!

I think it's wonderful that you have the blog to share your fears and happy thoughts. Getting goodvibes coming from all over the globe can only help matters, right? And you will be getting some of those vibes from Oregon for sure :)

And as far as being caught up? I say don't worry about it! I started having so much more fun when I switched to the library of memories system and started telling the stories I wanted, not worrying about where they fit in albums. Your kids are going to love any story you take the time to tell!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the quilt! Very sweet.

I'm sending prayers to you and your hubby. Hang in there.

7:37 AM  
Blogger cbarnwolf said...

You create such beautiful quilts.

I'll be praying for your hubby, yourself and your family.

When your taking care of everyone, don't forget to take care of yourself too.

8:07 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Definitely praying! Just remember...one day, one hour, one moment at a time.
P.S. LOVE that quilt! I just checked out the quilt-along for it since everybody seems to be jumping on that wagon....I must say...very cool technique! I really want to try that someday!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and your family.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I love seeing your quilt come along. That is a quilt along that I really wish I was doing right now. Yours is so cute with the fussy cut parts.

Many prayers for your husband's well being and your sanity. I hope you can find some peace through all this. This would be a hard situation for anyone and you have a great attitude. :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I love the little bridesmaids. I have their cousins ;)

Hang in there. He'll be fine. You've got the entire internet praying for him, so you're covered!

Lots of hugs and prayers to all of you. I'll be thinking of you.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I'll definitely be praying for you, your husband, and your family!! You'll be through it all soon!

3:51 PM  
Blogger YarnThrower said...

My prayer for your husband is for complete and speedy healing, and my prayer for you is for peace and certain hope! One day at a time, and God is walking this path with you!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

The Happiness project and other books loof fabulous! So does your lovely quilt:)

I will be praying for your husband and your family. That God is their in control for an excellent outcome:)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers from a knitter in Sun Prairie.

9:14 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

awww, sweetie, sending you and your family lots of hugs and positive vibes from munich! hang in there!!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Clumsy Knitter said...

I am sending all the best thoughts your way! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Stacey,
Good luck and I am wishing you smooth sailing. I am thinking about you.
susie anderson

6:48 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Just thinking about you today :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger the nest said...

Best wishes.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home