Peaknit

Saturday, June 05, 2010

swap-spiration

pincushion swap inspiration

A mosaic for the Scrappy Pincushion Swap group over on flickr. Just a sweet pincushion. The hard part seems to be that there are too many incredible clever and whimsical ideas. I really want to give some hexies a try. But honestly, the lovely mosaics filled with candy coated ideas are worth the trip to the group page. There is still time to join til tomorrow.

Picture 269

The beginnings of my little paper pieced village - we are off to a rough start. I am not sure I would want to live in either of these little ramshackle cottages...I'm sure a little more practice is in order.

They crookedy houses me of those described by Jeanette Walls in her autobiographical The Glass Castle - it's a crazy little book, I really enjoyed it. It truly does put the fun in dysfunctional. So, if you think you're family is a wee insane, I am thinking the one in this book will out-crazy yours. I'll even bet you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Those houses are so cute! I love the red-aqua color combination you've got in the houses and in your photo inspirations.

7:57 PM  
Blogger mle said...

I think your houses look great! LOVED The Glass Castle. It really puts things in perspective.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I think your houses look cute! I loved the Glass Castle too and was amazed at her resiliance. I'm a teacher and resiliance is a factor that the education sector has studied a lot, so the book was interesting on that level too.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Di said...

The inspiration is as you say inspiring and I love your soon to be little village!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home