Peaknit

Sunday, August 01, 2010

QAL week 6 and a the Urban Home Goods swap

Picture 534

Week 6 of the quilt-a-long run by Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts. All of these little pieces are making me a little nutty but I am pleased with my progress. Though, truth be told, I'll officially be three weeks behind as of tomorrow - shhh. My little one is modeling my quilt here - so it's approximately the wing-span of a 5-year-old big, so far. It will be a twin sized quilt when it's finished. I have no plans for it, so it's a good thing all of the little futzy pieces really have no deadline.

Urban Swap Inspiration

Here is my inspiration mosaic for another swap - Urban Home Goods - a Modern Swap, hosted by Heather of alamode fabric and Kerri of lovely little handmades. It should be a fun and inspiring group to be a part of. I had "sew" much fun with the pin cushions, this swap will up the "skills ante" just a bit for me *gulp*.

I have had such a nice weekend, I hate to see it come to an end. As a State employee, I had a furlough day on Friday. While the strained Wisconsin budget is not something to celebrate, I think I put the furlough to good, if not a tad bit selfish, use. I saw The Kids Are All Right at the local Sundance Theater. It was so good - wonderful acting, I laughed AND cried! I also had the best popcorn. Then I had a wonderful adventure shopping and enjoying dinner with my sister. Life gets in the way so often, it's hard to find moments to spend together. I will remember our impromptu dessert at the fondue restaurant for some time, to be sure. We were in chocolate coma. I think I get how the chocolate "better than sex" cake got the name.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Gorgeous quilt, and super cute model! Family time is precious, and I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

8:00 PM  
Blogger D. Jean Quarles said...

I'm dying to know what the photo in the upper left is. Crocheted cuteness.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Ooh, I love that quilt! Such pretty greens. State budget problems aren't so great, but it's nice to be forced to take a time out every once in awhile. I'm glad to hear you're making the best of it!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So pretty! I love the cool colors against all the white.

Oh my gosh, that mosaic's gorgeous. I need to dust off my sewing machine and give it a workout. :-)

I was a big fan of The Kids are All Right, too. It seemed so real. Also, I thought it was neat to see the actors looking so regular. Skinny, of course, but not made up and gussied up. It really contributed to the vibe of the film. Did you ever see You Can Count on Me? I'm guessing you'd like that one, too.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I like the style and simplicity of your quilt (and the colors)...though I can see why it is probably quite tedious to make! Looking forward to seeing the full twin version!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home