Peaknit

Monday, July 26, 2010

on a roll...3 weeks = 3 socks

Picture 510
The Squiddies...Mama Blue Knitting Goods Simple Merino in Ink

If you squinch your eyes up and get real close to your monitor, you will see little squids swimming up my leg. I am already 1/2 way into the cuff of the second sock - pretty amazing considering the last two pairs of socks in recent weeks each took me a year or two to complete... I may gift this pair to my mom since, how many pairs of blue socks can a girl have? I have (rav links) blue dahlias, one blue firestarter, some stripes and a pair of project runway stockinettes - all blue. Now, I love blue, but...really? I somehow just keep fishing more blue out of my stash...

I also made some refrigerator pickles last week.

Picture 505

Does your mouth water at the thought of pickles? Is it just me? I feel like Pavlov's dog at the mere mention of pickles, or olives, or any savory treat. Anyways - the pickles are supposed to hang out in their juices for two weeks but my 5-year-old and I totally cheated. We shared a half a jar already - and they are pretty yummy after just 5 days. I would like to get more cucumbers and try a recipe touted by Adrian of Hello Yarn - check it out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Love the socks, and I just LOVE pickles - homemade are the very best!

6:22 PM  
Blogger hook and needle said...

I love socks, I do, but those pickles look awesome!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Sweetaimee81 said...

I would love to hear your recipe for the pickles you made I have a feeling I am not going to be able to get making some out of my head lol I love pickles

7:36 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Can I have your sock mojo please, pretty please? Gorgeous socks!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Squiddies! So cute! Well done on the socks...I'm impressed. The pickles look yummy! I'm dying to try that myself.

3:15 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

great socks...I have been a bit lazy these last cupole of weeks,,,those pickles look yummy,you have been busy,Stacy~!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

In my opinion, there is never enough blue! Another lovely sock...you are on a roll!

Surprisingly I've never made refrigerator pickles (only canned) but am thinking they are on the list this year...yours look delic!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home