Peaknit

Saturday, June 26, 2010

swap - check, QAL - check, hex-love - check

Picture 380
I have packed up my goodies for my super-crafty swap partner - I can't wait to see if she likes everything...and truth be told - I'm pretty excited about getting some goodies too. I'll be stalking the mail box this week.

hex-a-gnome

I've also been continuing to have hexie fun. I love this little gnome in the middle. This is an experimental pin cushion - I'm trying out a few things for my pin cushion swap, while I wait for a couple of cute little pins to arrive. The hand sewn close on this one is kind of sucky - but it's so cute otherwise - I guess I'm happy to have to keep it. I stuffed it with crushed walnuts - some lizard litter from the pet store - whodathunk?

I have also caught up on all of the cutting for the QAL over at crazymomquilts - I am excited to have kind of a mystery quilt forming - using up some coveted fabric, and hopefully getting a quilt out of it, I hope I can manage to keep up.

Last up - if you are looking for a sangria recipe - and trying to watch the calories - I have made up a batch of this one (scroll down) for my daughter's 5th birthday party tomorrow - for the adults of course - and it's quite tasty - but be careful, it's a slippery slope if you eat all of the booze-soaked fruit, never good to fall asleep at your daughter's birthday party. Just sayin.

5 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

Love the litte gnome. Don't the walnuts get oily? I'm curious.

Happy Birthday to little Peaknit. Hope her day is fab.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Sweetaimee81 said...

looks like a great package and the gnome is very cute :) Lizard litter huh? crazy

6:47 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I got the package today. Thank you sooo much! The toadstool pin cushion is so stinkin' cute, those pics don't do it justice :-) And I love the needle holder, the hedgehogs make it!

It is a very inspiring package indeed, and I'm hoping with my kids out of town this week, that I'll be able to get some stuff made! Even if it's just a page or two, or maybe a mini album.

Thank you so much, I love it!

PS I also love the drink recipes you posted, will be making that slushy rum punch this weekend :-)

6:52 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

wow! i want to be your swap partner!!! :) lucky, lucky person!! and what a cute pincusion!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Lucky swap partner!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home