Peaknit

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I have a pair...er, I mean a pear?

At long last...a pair of socks. A pair, yup - started in July of 2008 - and now, July of 2010, they feel whole. They are the Child's First Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks with Nancy Bush.

Picture 470
Sock-celebration

They are knit using Mama Blue Knitting Goods Sea Merino in Bee Keeper. I really should have had a picture of myself posing these with my swimming suit on, it was quite a smart look. I caught a glimpse of my parent's quick-set pool for my girls in my frame. It was truly a sock-a-bration!

Picture 467
pattern by Heather Bailey

And speaking of "pairs" - I have a pear pin cushion - my last experiment for the Scrappy Pin Cushion Swap. I think this is "the one" that will be popped off to Canada - my partner's inspiration mosaic had this type of cushion in it - so I think it will a-peel to her the most. Feeling punny today, ap-pear-antly.

Have a sunny summer week! I'll be back soon - it's my fourth blog-a-versary, and that will require more celebrating - and a give-a-way, natch!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kitten said...

Cute pear! I'm tempted to try to make one myself now. And I love the sock photo with the background happiness. :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Love those socks! Way to finish them. Very cute pear and I love all your pair/pears and puns. You must have been feeling extra clever in your swimsuit and socks. :)

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Beautiful socks! I love that pattern.

The pear pincushion is so cute! Was it difficult to make?

6:48 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Wonderful socks. But since I can't sew, I am beyond impressed with that pin cushion. Too cute.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, those socks are gorgeous! The yarn really shows off the pattern. And very cute pear pincushion!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Both the socks and the pear are adorable! I love the sock pattern, but I'm still unskilled at the toe up method.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Hi there Peaknits, This is my first visit to your blog and it was great. I love those socks, especially the unusual pattern. I think you're pear is gorgeous as well. Kind regards, Anita.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

W O W ! Those socks are fantastic!!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Nice socks!! I love how defined the stitch pattern is...it really pops in that yarn. And I bet it goes perfectly with a swimsuit. :)

I am loving that pear! Not only is it absolutely perfect (pearfect...haha), but the colors are awesome. (I think I remember you mentioning your kitchen has a similar color scheme? LOVE.)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely socks! They are just great! And love the pear too.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous ali@skeinsherway said...

The stitch detail on those socks is so pretty!
And the pear? Too cute- you have a very lucky swap partner!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home