Peaknit

Monday, August 09, 2010

swatch this...

Picture 550
Tosh Merino Lite in Briar

So, I swatched - and while neither one got me the perfect rows - the stitches are spot on. Everything I read suggested that rows were less important in gauge - and if you needed less rows per inch go down a needle size - that didn't solve the problem. Any thoughts on that? I think I shall go forth - but now I have to decide Celery Cardi or Austin Hoodie. Isn't that sweet that they have the same gauge? Especially since I lost my head when The Loopy Ewe had an update. Somehow I didn't think I would be able to score any of the TML but then ::

tml
Northern Spruce, Bloomsbury, Filigree, Briar


Yikes. So if I really get serious, I could make both sweaters. In the meantime ::

Picture 552

A Pimm's cup, the recipe found on Orangette. It was a find, locating it took me on an adventure to a fully stocked liquor store, the clerk excitedly talked about fruit cups and whatnot - so clearly, he was pleased to share the Pimm's - it really is quite tasty with a zingy ginger ale, as suggested but there are many yummy sounding recipes over at the Pimm's site. Nom.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Holy cow, that's some gorgeous yarn!

I vote the Celery Cardi -- it looks so versatile, and I'm guessing it would knit up more quickly than the Austin Hoodie (which is also quite cute).

I LOVE Pimm's! We just finished our bottle last week. If you like that, you should try gin and tonics made with Hendrick's gin (served up with a slice of cucumber rather than lime).

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, those swatches look divine! And I think either cardi would be awesome.

I've heard about Pimm's cups, but I have yet to try one.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I bought some TML last week too - but just two skeins worth in Calligraphy for a shawl? It's very pretty. I love MT colors and yarn......it's another rabbit hole. :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

The yarn is beautiful. Some of the novels I have read this summer have talked about Pimms. Now that I know I can get it in the greater Madison area, I'm going to try it.

4:06 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Goodness gracious, those colors are to die for!! So so pretty!! I think you need to make both sweaters!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I might see you at Stitches Midwest :)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh man, that is some pretty yarn. The Celery Cardigan and Austin Hoodie are both great choices -- how will you choose?!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home