Peaknit

Monday, September 06, 2010

last minute larry strikes again...

Picture 681

Yikes, under the gun on the Urban Goods Swap projects...I made some headway today on my place mats - each mat has a quarter of a larger quilt block in the corner, to be "put together" as a table piece, or used separately as mats. Oh, such a big idea for me - I have one bound and done, 3 more to go. I'm very excited to show you a finished project. Then I need to be onto a sewing machine cover? coasters? There are some uber talented sewists in this group - so I feel like I want to challenge myself. I may have to call in sick to work to get it all done by Friday...did I say that out loud?

So what was I doing instead of pushing fabric through my machine? Oh, I was finishing The Girl Who Played With Fire and watching The Ghostwriter. The Ghostwriter is a Roman Polanski film - and much like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie - for me, if you mention Roman Polanski, I am thinking about the Tate murders, and then wondering what Charles Manson is up to and then realizing that Roman Polanski hasn't been allowed in the country since the 70's after he fled on a sexual assault charge, and wasn't Rosemary's Baby a strange flick... and gee, what has Roman done lately? Ah, the Ghostwriter. It was suspenseful-ish, it starred Ewan MacGregor (which sometimes is enough) and ended abruptly kind of leaving you wondering, what's next? But definitely good enough to watch while knitting this...

Picture 686

I also finished a sock this weekend - as part of The Plucky Knitter's ravelry group's knit-a-long. I think these Waving Lace socks will be a Christmas gift - I would love to have a holiday gift checked off of the list by September - of course, that remains to be seen - I did cast on the next one - I am taking this as a good sign. I am using Plucky's newest base Primo - o.m.g. The name really does tell the story here - it is so silky and the fabric is perfect. I would love to get more to squeeze before Socktober!

One more thing - because I surely don't have enough irons in the fire - Oh, Fransson is doing the funnest (?) looking quilt as a tutorial - quilt-a-long...have I already forgotten all of the bellyaching I did about having "all these little squares" to sew together in my last post or so? - because Oh, Fransson's QAL is pretty much just freaking teeny little squares. But my gosh, love.

11 Comments:

Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

Waving lace is one of my very favorite sock patterns. I love the yarn you chose for it.

12:50 PM  
Blogger phoenix_anew said...

I made a pair of socks for a friend a couple years ago ... Love the pattern ... And your socks are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger mle said...

wow, LOVE those placemats! I'm right there with you....there is too much to do and so little time to do it all in!

1:26 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

the quilt is amazing as always,Stacy ;0
love the socks...
I need to actually finish a grown-up size pair someday~

3:16 PM  
Blogger Sweetaimee81 said...

great sock and the place mats are awsome!!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I've been wanting to knit this pattern forever! I love the Primo too!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that one of your photos has been featured over at my site; Sew Picture Perfect! Thanks for all the inspiration!
http://www.sewpictureperfect.com/2010/09/bartlett-bosc-anjou.html

7:49 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

LOL about the lure of the tiny squares. esp. after your last post.

LOVE the 4 corners placemat idea. great color choices, too.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I think I'm in love with your sock...

2:29 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Whoa, those placemats are gorgeous...and what a cool idea. I hope you got them done in time! (I won't say anything to your boss. :) ) And, "whoa" again...LOVE the stitch pattern in those socks!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lovemook said...

Two years later I come back to see what you're up to and you're still knitting socks! ;) how did I guess :) HI!!! I was just laid off and restarted my blog. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home