Peaknit

Sunday, October 03, 2010

squeaky cheese in one pocket, heirloom tomatoes in the other...

Sign of a good weekend - is a great trip to the farmers market. I felt pretty smug with my squeaky cheese and pretty tomtoes in my pockets...and a butternut squash, and spicy cheese bread, kolarabi, leeks and a rhubarb pocket, and chocolate cherry panettone.

My husband and I celebrated 16 years of marriage Friday so my folks swept up the kids from school and we had a nice dinner out and a great kidless trip to the Dane County Farmer's Market Saturday morning - what a treat. I also finished this knitting project...

IMG_8124
honey cowl knit from Mama Blue Troika Worsted in Lagoon

Jeez, this was so boring, my eyes almost bled. But it is a nice finished project that has marinated for months and months. It is a super squooshy infinite scarf wrapped around my daughter twice, so super cozy. Maybe holiday gift #2? I wanted to clear a project before starting my Through the Loops Mystery socks. I cast them on, but I am not sure I love the yarn I've chosen - so more on that later. And of course, I cast on another project to be companion to the mystery socks - of course (I have hidden all of my other WIP's this weekend too - clever, huh?).

I have a couple of yummy links to share...I made this crock pot Spinach Pesto Lasagna - if it tastes 1/2 as good as it smells, its a winner. Also this Apple Gallete. Mine is turning golden brown as I type.

And lastly, have you seen Jared Flood's new yarn? o.m.g. Shelter - must have. Jared is coming to my local knitting guild - I have never joined and his venue is for members only. I feel a little guilty - but I think I have to member up - Jared is going to be within 20 miles of me, I think I should see him. Would that be incredibly tacky? I ask because, well, it kind of would be - but I think I gotta. I promise that I always try to use my manners and always follow the rules...but I may have to sneak in under the buzzer on this one...

9 Comments:

Blogger Auntly H said...

Happy Anniversary!

Yes, you have to join your guild so you can see Jared in person. I would....
I'm probably going to give up a yarn club or two in order to get myself some Shelter and associated patterns. That is some to-die-for wool!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Go for it! You can't miss that. I'm heading up to NYC in two weeks and plan to visit Purl so I can see his yarn in person, even if I don't get to see him. Take photos so we can live vicariously through you!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

You are a hardcore finishing agent lately! YGG!
I'll have to pop over on Rav and check out your yarn choice for the TTL KAL.

PS - Happy Anniversary!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Happy Anniversary! Love going to farmers markets. :) Very pretty cowl too.

Oh yeah - join the guild!! I would to see Jared Flood, and buy scads of his new yarn.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

You must join, then report back your Jarred encounter. He comes to oregon often, but I'm scarred to take his classes for fear I'd make a fool of myself. Love the cowl, and happy anniversary!

1:23 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Happy Anniversary! I have found that the most boring-to-knit projects tend to be the ones I wear the most. How odd is that? You are going to get to meet Jared? Luckee!!!!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Happy anniversary! 16 years...that's awesome!

Your description of the farmers market goods honestly made my stomach grumble. I'm SO jealous of the squeaky cheese! A co-worker from Wisconsin shared some of his from a trip home recently and ooooooh I've been dreaming of it ever since!

That infinity scarf may have been boring to knit, but it's sure not boring to look at! The slightly variegated blue is gorgeous, and that texture is amazing. And, my gosh, your daughter is so cute!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

happy Belated Anniversary...love the knits!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

Happy Anniversary...how nice to get away.

Love your knitted cowl, the colour is stunning on her.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home