Peaknit

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a weekend retreat...

IMG_8263
somewhere in Michigan...

Shoot, what a great weekend. I spent this last weekend with my knitting friends - Christine and Carolyn. And then Sarah (aka The Plucky Knitter) joined us for a a fabulous lunch at The Stray Dog and a little knitting too. We admitted this felt like a celebrity sighting, I mean have you ever knit with Plucky yarn? If you have not tried Primo - you must.

Carolyn's brother has this fabulous place near the lake in Michigan - it could have been in Maine - it was so charming, the decor was fabulous and it was so inviting. How blessed I am to have such great knitter friends - met through the internet, go figure. I regret that I didn't take many good pictures and pretty much none with people in it. I think I was having too much fun to think about my camera.

From chocolate covered cookie dough balls, to Fanta Ginger Ale with a little vanilla vodka, to a good night's rest, to some mind numbing knitting, to drawing names for a single sock swap - it was perfection. Thank you knitters!

I'll be back soon with a FO I hope - a boring infinity scarf is killing me...

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Holy cow, that sounds delightful! What a great way to spend a weekend. Can't wait to see the scarf.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

A whole weekend - lucky duck! It's so nice to be with like-minded people who understand that knitting with Sarah is such a neat idea! I love the Primo....getting ready to knit with it in the very near future. It has had much fondling though! :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, you lucky girl! that trip sounds like da bomb! LOL!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I have to admit....it was awesome! I wish we were still there :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

That sounds like heaven!

3:09 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

hope your weekend was perfect!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you for including me - it was great fun!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous lapdogknits said...

I wish I was knitting in Michigan, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend....I will have to try the Primo, I've followed Plucky for sometime now,,,vanilla vodka too..that was a perfect weekend.
Hope you share the scarf soon..
Happy Thanksgiving!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home