Peaknit

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

socktober comes to an end

IMG_8223
The Mystery Sock-A-Long by Kirsten Kapur - Through the Loops

This mystery was so fun - and I really liked using the Plucky MCN fingering - the color is so rich. I think I like knitting in pieces like this because I am essentially knitting two at a time, no second sock syndrom. I actually have a pair - but I had to re-knit my second toe tonight to make it a little longer, and now it's too dark in the midwest for a decent picture. Soon it will be too dark on either end of the day - ack, winter is looming. Before snow fell - me and my family ran off to Disney World.

IMG_0741
Alice in Wonderland and a mini-Geisha in front of our hotel

We had such a good time - it was kind of hard to come back to real life - but we have managed. I think of WDW as a "working vacation" with all of the planning and running - but it was so much fun. The best part was Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party. My girls got to dance with Chip and Dale and we hauled home about 10 lbs of candy from our trick-or-treat adventure. The park is decked out for Halloween and the crowd is limited - so we were able to ride Space Mountain twice in a row at 11:30 pm. My 5-year-old was a crazy ride hound - every roller coaster she was tall enough for and the Tower of Terror 5 times in a row. It was such a great time.

So what is next on the needles? Something with Shelter? Maybe another mystery sock? I'll get back to you, have a great week til then!

7 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Oooo, love how those socks came out! Very pretty!
So glad you had a fun time at Disney World! now you need a vacation from your vacation right?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Love the sock. Maybe next mystery sock I'll be able to join in. I've never knit a sock but....I'm going to try it soon!
Where did you get those cute sock blockers?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Disney world? Totally jealous. I love your new socks. I need to do something more than just the straight rib knit.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

We did Disney in March of this year.....it was a TRIP, not a relaxing vacation. We had fun, but we were exhausted. We were at the parks late at night too, and that was fun.
I love your socks - they are beautiful!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Lori on Little Traverse Bay said...

Beautiful Mystery Sock!

I have one Mystery Sock 3/4s done, so I guess my Socktober is running into No-vember ; ).

7:23 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

gorgeous socks...nothing like handmade socks to make you feel good all over..and sweet Halloweeners~

5:29 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Your girls are so cute!! Love their costumes! Your trip sounds like a ton of fun...what a great thing to do as a family! Awesome sock, btw. :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home