Peaknit

Friday, January 07, 2011

even though I am so grumpy I could scream...

I need to tell you about a couple of cool things, so I'll put my ornery self aside for a minute.



Please consider going to Pepsi.com to vote for this "refreshing" idea. Play for Trey is a great cause. I little guy from my local area was killed by a drunk driver last fall - and his family would like to build a baseball field in his honor. It's pretty cool. This family has not stopped amazing me with their strength and faith. It takes just a second - please go vote.

Next up is a little contest - that while I admit, I don't want anyone else to sign up for - I can get another entry by blogging about it. *wink wink* One of my long time favorite dyers, Yarntini is giving away some amazing MCN Aran in the most gorgeous merlot colorway and a Just Enough Ruffles scarf pattern to go with. It will look just like the gorgeous one she made - which you can see here, on the contest post. Doesn't it look squishable? What knitter can resist anything with "squish" in it? I know I totally don't deserve to win because Jessie has been too good to me like forever - but this yarn, it's like making my mouth water - so I can't help myself. And you won't be able to either. Promise.

Then yum-o - I made some Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls from Joy the Baker today - yup, just the dough, in balls. From an eggless recipe expressly for eating the dough safely. Sheesh, the dough is awesome so far - once I dip them in chocolate, I may have to lock the freezer. (just go to the link - you will see heaven on a fork...really, go look.)

And because I should be knitting - I did make myself a pair of Bella's mittens for myself. I love them - so cozy warm.

IMG_8498

Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!

10 Comments:

Blogger cbknits80 said...

Cookie dough balls!!! I've had those somewhere before delish :)

4:18 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

eBut I want to hear about why you're ornery. Was it because no one wanted to help you take down the long-dead Christmas tree? No? Well, that's why I'M ornery. Love the mittens. And thanks for the dough ball recipe. My butt started yelling at me to stop eating about a week ago.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful mitten! Hurray for Yarntini, cookie dough balls, and all the best of luck to Trey's family.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

cookie dough balls... oh - have to make these!
Lovely Bella mitts! great colour

7:16 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Love those mittens so much! I'm plotting Fiddleheads right now. And good luck on Jessie's giveaway- you''ll have to beat out me!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Brad Fallon said...

Beautiful mitten! Great color!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Edible cookie dough balls - YUMMO! And the mittens are amazing!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

What is it about this time of year? I've been cranky for about a week myself! Love the scarf pattern, and made the bella mittens last year! Hope all is well with you soon.. and me too!

6:07 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

lovee the mitts..and the recipe..
happy new year to you all stacey~

3:26 PM  
Blogger Needles and Wool said...

great mittens!

Lisa
www.needlesandwool.blogspot.com

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home