Peaknit

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

joining the madness!

If you have been stalking sewing on flickr or blogland, you have probaby heard about Mug Rug Madness...



It is 10 days of tips and tutorials on the latest sewing trend - mug rugs. How cool are they? Mini quilts that can be as simple as you wanna be, or used as an opportunity to try more complicated bits of sewing. And mostly immediate gratification - and who doesn't like that? They are called mug rugs but they can also be potholders or small table pieces incognito.

I was inspired by the hubbub to try my own mug rug. I was able to use the teeniest snippets of flea market fancy fabrics by
Denyse Schmidt - I confess that I find it kind of thrilling to use this hard to find fabric, but I also feel like it needs to be savored and spread as thin as possible.

IMG_8747

I used an english paper piecing template and tutorial found here. I reduced it to 33% and shazaam - mug rug.

5 Comments:

Blogger yarntini said...

Great way to use those htf bits! Your rug looks AWESOME!

...side note - that totally sounds dirty in my head ;)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Very cute! I love those bright splashes of color.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I love this mug rug!! And I should, since I'm the proud owner :)

I've been following Mug Madness. I'm almost inspired. I haven't picked the perfect pattern yet.

10:07 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

what beautiful sewing skills Stacy...x

9:45 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

So friggin' cute!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home