Peaknit

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Come on, get happy....

IMG_8839
Yarntini Self-Striping Superwash in Sunshine

These socks just evoke such a happiness...they say summer to me. Ah, the beach. Just simple ole stockinette socks are so darned nice for the ego. Easy peasy.

What else made me happy this week was a trip to the sewing machine repair shop. My machine has been slowly showing some age, but finally, the presser foot just wouldn't go down - the presser foot and the thingy to put it down weren't friends anymore. Unusable. I have had my machine for 12 years and have never taken it in...many of those years it sat neglected - but still, it needed to be cleaned at least - I felt like a bad pet owner, I mean I wouldn't stop feeding my cat, would I? Anyways when I called Jen at The Electric Needle she knew exactly what my problem was. I took it to her on Wednesday, and by Thursday she had it back to me. I am not going to lie, I felt totally giddy just getting my machine back all shiney, and working. Now I have some new fabric, and need to make something. I love that feeling - all of that possibility.

IMG_8830
some scraps of flea market fancy that I traded my first born for...

I feel another mug rug coming on...

8 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

Wow, those socks are awesome!!! LOVE self-striping!
Nice to have some new goodies to sew on your tuned up machine too!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Maryse said...

Love the colors of your new socks! I look forward to see what this new fabric will become!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

very happy! love!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very happy and very pretty!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Very lovely socks and fabric!

5:20 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

what a fabulous array of springtime color!
beautiful socks

6:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

hurray for a newly working machine! that feels so great, doesn't it?

i LOVE the colors in your socks. they are fun. how could they not cheer you up?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Very pretty! Those socks are awesome!

Homeowner Insurance

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home