Peaknit

Saturday, July 02, 2011

summer is just so grand

SUTK

My Spicing up the Kitchen swap package is done - I really hope my partner likes these place mats - because I sure do. So much so that I think I will make my own set. I am so excited to get my package - so curious what might be spicing up my kitchen.

SUTK

and the back - kind of reversible huh?

So what are you doing this summer? I seem to be finding my way back to knitting and I have been doing some quilting for this swap. But I have also been spending a lot of time with my family lately - nuclear and origin, that's been nice. My little one turned 6 - so we rolled out the patio furniture and hosted a little gathering. I feel blessed to have parents and in-laws that get along and even seem to genuinely like each other. So I just open the house and everyone can entertain themselves - gotta love that. I think I could spend the whole summer on my deck listening to this American Life, catching some sun and drinking cocktails. You?

IMG_9157
yup - as devilish as she looks...

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Happy Birthday to the littlest Peaknit!
We just spent a lovely evening on the deck with some of our friends (and their kids). We had a great time - great food, sparklers, memories!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I forgot - stunning place mats too. Your talents amaze me!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday little Peaknit!

Beautiful place mats! You are really a craft master!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Wow, PRETTY placemats! The recipient is very lucky. Sounds like you're having a lovely summer. I'm just so happy that my maternity leave has coincided with summer and that I've been able to enjoy some of the lovely weather we're having (the 4th of July in San Francisco is usually FREEZING, but it's been over 70 all week!). Plus I get to visit my parents for a whole week and enjoy the lovely heat of my home town. Yay for summer!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Yarny Days said...

Oh. Those mats are beautiful!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home