Peaknit

Thursday, September 15, 2011

such a practical girl...

I mean who else goes to an amazing Sheep and Wool fest and buys 1100 yards of gray yarn? Oh, only a girl who hates to knit sweaters. Ha.

IMG_9516
...many yards of Miss Babs Yowza- to make Kira *fingers crossed*


Seriously, what a great festival. I had a great opportunity to meet up with Ann, who I met via blogging and then have kept up with on Ravelry and facebook for several years. She lives only a couple of hours away and came to the festival for the weekend to take classes and shop. It was fun having a partner in crime to stalk around the booths. And then we attended the Unwind "after-knit" party in the evening. I lucked out getting to go, but unfortunately at the expense of her roommate's lousey migraine:(

321229_2424206844983_1245852653_33005410_2075735419_n
Ann, me and Lisa (who is from a knitting group I have spent time with and met Ann at the festival - holy small world)

We may have had slightly too much fun at the Unwind at the organizers expense. We somehow managed to skip the dinner line and got our meal a bit before our table. We spent the entire time in line debating whether we should just put our shoulders back and stay in line, or slink back to our seats. We decided to be bold and be damned, and got our hot turkey sandwiches before our new friends at the table. A man named Sean came along with his wife and while he didn't knit, he was an absolute gas hooting for winners of door prizes. He was a great sport when he claimed his very own sheep printed project bag. Good man.

All in all it was a wonderful day. I am so glad I shucked my social anxiety and went for it, Ann is a delight. I think our defenses really went down when we committed felony line jumping (I promised her I had an "in" with the local cops - so no worries). I won't soon forget it.

IMG_9518
A kind of silly sock from vibrant Yarntini Drunken Pear self-striping, using a Giotto cuff.

It's a little funky, but perfect for the holidays - hopefully I get them done - but at my current irresponsible rate of WIP's, it's sketchy at best.

3 Comments:

Blogger Morticcia said...

Oh yes, but that is the right and perfect grey! And the sock? OMG. Big love.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Maryse said...

The colors of your new socks are amazing! They will be great and who cares if they don't fit with your wardrobe, they will be great with jeans on the weekend! Have a great one!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Ann said...

It was so much fun... thank you for joining me and making the day/night all the better!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home