Peaknit

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

It's Mother's Day - whether you are a mother, or you just love one - seize the day! IMG_0317 It's starting with beautiful sunshine here in the midwest. I gathered supplies to make Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding by Joy the Baker. I was inspired on my quest for bread pudding by after a trip to the Southport Grocery in Chicago near Wrigley, they had bread pudding pancakes - and by gosh, in an effort to recreate them, I found their very own recipe. They are on the griddle as I type using the leftover challah from the pudding I made. Life is good. (My 6-year-old got up and cleaned her room, without me asking her to - that is a mother's day gift indeed.) On the knitting front, I am continuing my sock marathon. I had a bunch of little balls of Plucky Knitter Primo as a result of a swap within the Rav group. So, one sock is complete, aptly named Little Balls: IMG_0291 I have also been reading a great deal this weekend - capitalizing on my own "mother-staus" by doing some serious lounging. I have joined the cult - I have finished the first 2 books of the 50 Shades of Grey series. If you are a grwon-up and enjoyed the Twilight series, I think you would enjoy it. No literary genious here - but good fun. Good stuff. shades Next up is the afternoon with my mom and sister - a nice lunch and cupcakes from Gigi's will be in our future. Enjoy the day, dear knitters!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Happy belated Mothers Day to you! Sounds like it was a nice one (especially your daughter cleaning her room!). Your "Little Balls" (ha!) sock is lovely...great colors. (Also, I meant to comment WEEKS AGO that your quilt from your last post is absolutely spectacular. Wow.)

Hope your week is off to a good start!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home