Peaknit

Sunday, April 29, 2012

late is better than never...

IMG_0279 A "Plus" quilt made from Castle Peeps fabrics by Lizzie House At last...I started this quilt for my nephew while he was a peanut, he turns one Tuesday. His birthday party was yesterday and apparently this was the catalyst I needed to get this sucker finished. I used this awesome tutorial. I love to sew but man, I just hate quilt backs - hate them. I feel like they need to have a little special feature and they are so bulky - I just run out of steam, stop. in. my. tracks... So little Ben had no quilt. Thankfully I made it over big for a baby quilt so perhaps it's just in time for a toddler bed. Lemons to lemonade! Now to tackle those other two quilt tops I have lingering...some day. IMG_0268 Jasper, my 18-year-old scaredy cat road the quilt like a magic carpet with every pass of the quilting. He was really trying to warm up next to my sewing machine light. Sorry pal. I have also been knitting a lot lately - picking in-front-of-the-TV variety projects. This has been a saving grace - I can't scarcely relax enough to do just one thing at a time - so knitting, and polluting my brain with bad TV is about perfection. IMG_0253 Textured Thermal Socks in The Plucky Knitter Plucky Feet - Aunt Hazel. I have several other socks in the works as well. I was thinking today I would like to pile up my too-many half done projects and light them on fire. I am anxious about all of these half-done things - but I am really enjoying simple - I have too many complicated things started that need undivided attention - I am not there right now. art Lastly - a quick book recommendation - The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. It was a sweet read. I was wishing I could ruffle the hair of main character, Henry Skrimshander - his name is even cute. He reminded me of Edgar Sawtelle - just a neat kid with some real potential.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Beautiful quilt and maybe even better giving it at this age than when everyone is overwhelmed with a new baby and all his stuff!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Love the quilt! So many bright colors, and I love how the motif just pops.

Beautiful socks, as ever. My husband just read The Art of Fielding and really enjoyed it, too. There's a WI connection, right?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Really love that quilt!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home