Peaknit

Sunday, September 21, 2014

A summer of finishes, a finished summer...

summer of pluck

I did a lot of knitting with The Plucky Knitter yarn this summer. What a wonderful pile of knits for fall I have ahead of me. I completed the Esjan by Stephen West, a wonderful wrap with rather exaggerated proportions. It was a quick and entertaining knit using an Aran weight. I struggled with an Ashburn Scarf by Melanie Berg. I have to admit this one was a labor, I picked it up after putting it down for a bit. I just tired of it. Last up, a scrappy Dotted Rays scarf by Stephen West. This was my favorite - it was thrilling to pick the next color from my ridiculous pile of Plucky bits and bobs. This one flew off the needles. Funny, I realize now that each thing is to wrap around my neck, I guess I'll have lots of new options or some gifts.

I also finished a pair of socks using Yarntini Self-Striping in Super Duper Bugaloo.

Socks! @yarntini Super Bugaloo Striping from @cseero

I used a simple vanilla pattern with a fishlips heel and picot edge. Yarntini is on hiatus, so I will treasure these this winter.

I also finished a mystery project for Plucktember, but it has not reached it's recipient so I'll be back with that soon.

I have also done a lot of reading this summer. My recent favorite was Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Adorable and quirky - much of the interactions take place via e-mail - but the main characters were in there 30's. While that ship has sailed for me, the references were relatable for me, as they graduated (from imaginary high school) around the same time as me. Very enjoyable, I was sad to see it end. Another winner, Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger. It was a very down to earth read with a mystery woven in that had me guessing until the very last. Another winner One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. I listened to this one on audio - delightful in the english accent - but also likable adorable characters caught in one bit of chaos after another.

So what's next? I am putting together knitting and reading for an upcoming vacation - I almost think my favorite part of traveling is finding the next best book and new knit to drag along. I have picked up a beach read by Elin Hilderbrand and cast on another shawl with a boatload of garter, Drachenfels. However, suggestions are always welcome.

Have a wonderful week!
xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Holy smokes, you've been busy! Esjan is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors. And those socks are so cheery! Just the thing for this winter.

I haven't read One Plus One yet, but I went on a JoJo Moyes bender earlier this year. I liked Me Before You best. I just picked up Silver Bay from the library.

We're heading up to Door County on vacation next month, so the book suggestions are very welcome! I'm looking forward to knitting and reading amidst the fall colors (and chasing after our little guy).

Have you read any Susanna Kearsley books? They're light, but really enjoyable. Great for vacation reading/

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Informative URL for Kits Elisa said...

I haven't seen new posts from your blog, but i enjoyed browsing your site. You really have a good taste and writing skills.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Clipping Path said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous David Millar said...

Thanks a lot for your lovely blog post.
Footwear photo editing services
Background Removal Service

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home