Peaknit

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I broke down and went to Barnes and Noble last weekend to get Amy Butler's new book In Stitches. It is on backorder or something from Amazon and I. just. couldn't. wait. So I went and looked...and looked...omg it was not on the shelf - but then there it was - thankfully out of place so no one else could find it (I'm very persistent when I am on a mission) - or because someone was perhaps hiding it for themselves - "sorry hider, I got it!" I was looking at some new paperbacks with my Butler book set next to me when someone came up and fondled it - "oh, sorry sister that is my book. I am glad to show you where another may be hidden but not this copy honey, not a chance!" I savored it before bed. What a load of nifty little projects - some simple gifties and some not so simple keep-for-myself treats. I was impressed with the photography and the number of projects - it seemed a bottomless treat. Well, not entirely bottomless

On another note I'm stupified over my scarf exchange - clearly I am making this more work than it should be - over thinking and surfing mad for THAT pattern - good grief - I just want to please my pal but not get in over my head. I went to the Sheep and Wool Festival today with this scarf dilemma in mind - with a 6-year-old in tow who was completely entranced by the angora rabbits.


However, I was able to drag DD around between bunny sightings and I did find a wonderful book to either #1 help me narrow my search for a scarf pattern or #2 make the choice tougher. I purchased Stahman's Shawls and Scarves, it's really an incredble book (I really should have a freaking library with all of the books I buy simply because I need to have them, own them, love them, keep them...). The book is a little unique in that it is more like a recipe book than just tell-you-how-it-is patterns. I did get a glimpse and fondle of some fabulous Alpaca Silk, but it was a little pricey and I was pretty sure I could not part with it...selfish yarn whore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home