Peaknit

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Itty Bitty Baby Hats and some Noni Baloney


I was able to have my book signed by Susie Anderson today - what a treat to see her again, I learned how to knit in her shop about three years ago. Then one day, I went to the shop and *poof* it was gone. They had a wonderful selection of Rowan, so sad. Anyways, she remembered me, well, my face anyhow - I'm star struck by the silliest things people. Now my "babies" are hardly itty or bitty, but there is some potential here. I did buy one future project - just one - some Rowan Cashoft in poopy for a little bonnet "marshmallow" - it would be charming if my 15 month old would consider keeping it on. We'll see. She is hardly a pink or pastel girl, so red it shall be.



I am finished with my Noni medium carpet bag - right down to the false bottom, I'm thrilled with it. I am considering modifying the pattern to make it more square, smaller, so it could be a practical little purse - we'll see. It was a fun, quick knit. I am pleased with the flower - I used the one from the Night Garden Evening Bag pattern. I sewed clear seed beads with silver painted inside of them for sparkle, I am thinking a nice brooch or even a funky shawl clasp could also be crafted from this pattern, it's such a nice size - and ridiculous easy to knit up in an hour or so. Much improved over the floppy pink camelia I tried first!

A final thought - I really am enjoying this International Scarf Exchange, I know I'm repeating myself, but I am having such a nice time learning about the person I am knitting for. She teaches sock classes and, *get this* she was a test knitter for Noni - this could be lucky coincidence for me that she seems to know something about everything-fiber I love! Now to work on that pesky scarf...

5 Comments:

Blogger Gramknits said...

Great bag. Can I talk you into bringing it and the book in to work so I can see them up close and personal?

8:47 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

You bet I will - maybe we could have our own Noni knit-a-long!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Your Noni Bag is so pretty. I have never made any bags before, but maybe...

As for SKS - It is truely the best book ever. (OK, I think that of a lot of books but whatever.) There is a knitalong blog at http://sensationalknittedsocks.
blogspot.com/ where you can see some of the other patterns knit up as well.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag is great! Really something I would like to have (and knit). Amazing job you did!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Thanks so much for coming last Saturday! It was great to see you, and to see what a beautiful knitter you have become. I love those Noni bags. I really do remember you and I even remembered your occupation. I am impressed at the speed of your progress in knitting, you are a natural. I love your blog! Keep it up!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home