Peaknit

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

sweet saartje

saartje2

I started making these adorable booties after finding the pattern via ravelry. I knit them with a co-worker on bed rest in mind. She did not know what she was having, til yesterday that is! So some sweet little "mary janes" for Madison Jane! Yay! I found a sample of Hello Yarn hand-dyed I had that was tucked in with a gift certificate and it seemed a good gauge - I don't even know the colorway, but pink says girl. I then knit the top portion and straps in a rowan cotton. I think these are just the most darling thing. The pattern was posted by the author in late May and I have been seeing them everywhere - people are inspired. Thank you for this darling pattern. It's another example of the power of the internet and the new found fellowship through ravelry. I feel so blessed to have sneaked on board this ride.

saartje3

I have just a teeny bit left of the HY, maybe an accent for one of Susan B. Anderson's simple hats from Itty Bitty Hats - for a set of sorts? I may be ahead of myself since I am supposed to be "climbing mountains" with the Tour De France KAL and getting that Mystery Stole done - row 21 of clue two so far. This little bootie project has been like "cleaning my room" before doing my homework. Did anyone else do that? I still do procrastinate by cleaning my desk off before diving into writing a report to this day...

pouch2a

And I was also "cleaning my room" when I made another one of splityarn's sweet little wristlets - I can't help myself, they are so quick. I am adding it to my package for the contest...there is still time to sign up by Friday (er, make that Saturday morning). I thought the sheep were just so darn cute wandering around this fabric. I'll be making another so I have one for each winner, you know when I am "cleaning my room" before getting a move on the Mystery Stole...

pouch2

**I used size 3 needles for the saartje booties - thanks for asking Sarah!

15 Comments:

Blogger Auntly H said...

Those booties are in my queue. I'm a little afraid that once I start, I won't be able to quit and I'll have 20 pairs. Must focus on MS3! (At home anyway; it's not a portable project.)

Oh, and the wristlet is adorable! I really need to make one of those too.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My! I must make those. Yours turned out just darling!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may I ask what size neeldes you used?

3:26 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Cutest FOs ever!!! I love those booties and the wristlet is cute as well.

3:32 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Sarah...I used a size #3:) The hello yarn said "fingering" but really felt more dk - as was the rowan. They are so fun!

3:56 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Wow - I managed to start a picot cuff on a second sock. I really must shop at hello yarn. The yarn I see people knitting with makes me drool.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous!
I believe some of the yarn you used was Hello Yarn's Fat Sock Yarn in Sorbet... It's just a guess, but I have some exactly like it in my stash. You can see it in my Ravelry area. :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

There is still a package on your way then I guess.(the package I sent on May 26) I sent a box one week after the booklet, that should be there as well...strange though, but I guess customs is acting up from time to time. I am glad though that this one arrived.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Yes! I always 'clean my room' when I have something big I'm supposed to do. It's still work, right? ;)

I really love those booties - your colors are so beautiful!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

I love those booties! I've been seeing a lot of them on Ravelry ( it's Ravelry great!). I must try some myself. I love the colors you did!

That wristlet is so cute! I printed out that tutorial with intentions to try it but haven't done that yet.

I too have a friend that is on bed rest. I like your idea and think I will try to knit her up something and take it to her this weekend. That will cheer her up. I will have to knit to of something though because she's having girl/boy twins!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Jill

P.S. I too have the 'clean my room' syndrome with many things!

6:37 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Oh my gosh, those mary janes are ADORABLE!!!!

And the wristlet........love it too!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

The booties are adorable. I first saw them over at Brooklyn Tweed's site and now seeing yours has pushed me over the edge and I am going to make a pair for a coworker returning from maternity leave at the end of the month. Since I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies....her baby boy will be 6 weeks old when she returns. Should I make the wee ones or the slighly bigger ones? Is this something I could handle at Knit Night on Friday or do I have to pay a lot of attention to it? About how long did they take to knit up. I think I will also knit up a little pair of Cascade baby socks to go with them!

2:17 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oh those are so adorable! I'm not normally a fan of little bootees, but those are just too cute.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome bootees! Love the yarn choice.

10:58 AM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

Those booties are FABULOUS!! I love the color combos and the buttons and everything! I must add to my Ravelry queue!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home