Peaknit

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Knitting in Public

Indeed, I knit in public today - right on the steps of church while waiting for DD to get out of Sunday school - pretty darn brazen! I completed a 10 row repeat in my Leisel for my pal and knit a couple rounds of a sock. Felt so good out there, relaxing, breezy, sunshine - and spiritual at that!


So Leisel, she progresses. I'm considering doing a ribbed mid section, like a seaman's style to get away from this repeat for a little bit, egads. It may also help the scarf lay nicely and then I can graft a second piece so that the leaves fall towards the ground on either side. I saw this in my new Myra Stahman book, and the technique looks nice and again, that much needed break. I can't imagine how many repeats it will take to get this sucker done. But I do like it and see something like it for myself in the future. I just hope my pal will like it.

As I was surfing the ISE website and trolling blogs I saw HandMaiden Sea Silk - couldn't stand it, I ordered a skein in rose garden from an ebay store (it's alleged to have some hand softening la di da right in it!) I am finding myself dancing happily between socks and lacey scarves/ shawls. I love how the patterns emerge and the dainty little needles make me feel like such a girl!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Oooo, Leisel is looking *lovely*. And I have to say, I knit it public all the time. Knit a sock on the bus today. Knit the ISE scarf during my "down time" at work last week. Sweater knitting on the subway to the farmer's market this morning. Ye haw! Let them stare!

Oh, I actually surfed over here to say that the color for Backyard Leaves is most accurately reflected in the very first photo on my blog (although that one is a little dark) - the latest one is an indoor flash shot.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Leisel looks great! I'm sure your scarf pal will love her!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home