Celebrating...a birthday, of course - mine! yay! I had an early morning massage as a mother's day gift from my girls - what a lovely way to kick off the day. The rest of the day isn't filled with much banner excitement, which is just about perfect. A perect day in my book does not typically include a lot of fanfare or excitement - but instead my favorite bagel sandwich for lunch, a quick trot through Stitcher's Crossing, purchasing a small charcoal grill for smores, the same greasy pizza I have loved since my childhood and a moonlight walk...not too shabby! (and some selfish knitting and reading will need to be squeezed in too:)
I have been celebrating all week, I must confess that I do act a bit like a child - excited for presents and a day to do what I
want. I grew up getting to dictate the birthday dinner and cake - so seems fitting that the tradition continues. I always take a couple of days off around this time to work in my motley flower beds and go shopping - with or without a cake, this is something to celebrate. And I have already received several lovely surprises this week, I am considering them all
birthday treats!. Yarn makes me so happy. Friendship, kindness and generosity makes me delirious...
1. The wonderful responses to my mismatchy Pomatomus
- thank you! Getting great feedback is such a gift - I'm falling love with the socks again.
2. Some yarn dyed especially for me by The Plucky Knitter
from my dear Knitting Penpal, cbknits80
(ravelry link) and a gorgeous collage of many of my favorite flickr photos, I was nearly brought tears by this thoutful gift. The colorway is not represented well - but it is called Peaknit is a Peanut, isn't that sweet? It is the most lovely hue of purple. For a cowl perhaps? Maybe some Thujas?
3. Then I recently ordered a skein of Sportweight Peaknit from Yarntini
- I'm serious worshipper of anything Jessie comes up with, and for some reason I think I should have Peaknit in every yarnbase - a form of self-love perhaps? Anyways, she has been teasing she was going to put something in the mail for me - well, did she ever. The Project Runway set - the variegated is "Make it Work!" while the solid is "Carry on!" - I just think Tim Gunn is precious, I want to hug him. And Jessie - so thoughtful and I am totally not worthy - but thank you!!
The blue is so incredibly vibrant! I love it - I'm not sure what this will be when it grows up but something "Fierce"! I am sure - maybe that could be a suggestion for a new colorway "fierce" hee hee. I mean, Christian rocks! I want to hug him too - and pinch his little flaming cheeks.
4. And lastly, holy cow, I won a prize. A while back I coveted Bockstarks trade
(Wollmeise for handspun) with Micki
of a thing for string, seriously to. die. for. Well, I entered a contest over at Micki's blog and karma blessed me...
Hidden Canyon handspun by Micki. I'm left speechless. I keep waffling on whether to spin or not to spin...I even have a tiny collection of some fabulous fibers, and a spindle...I'm thinking a beginning spinning class might help me decide?
So thank you blogging friends, you all provide a gift for me every day of the year.